8 Healthy Habits to Master In 2019

January 21, 2019


8 Healthy Habits to Master In 2019


Welcome back, beautiful people!

            Guys.  I haven’t posted since LAST YEAR.  How crazy is that?  Well as you probably know by now, it’s a new year and let me tell you, I’m super stoked for 2019.  Exciting things are going to happen and it’s going to be a fantastic year. 

            In my last post, I talked about my 2018 New Year’s resolutions and if I followed through with them or not.  I thought this would be a good follow up to that post because I’m going to be talking about some ideas for your 2019 New Year’s Resolutions.  I hope this inspires you to make some of these your goals for this year because I know I’m going to try really hard to master them this year and I hope you’ll consider joining me. 


1.  Drink more water
You’d be surprised at the many things water can do for you.  Not only does it keep you hydrated, it helps regulate blood pressure, improves skin quality, relieves stress, and boosts energy.  I used to be terrible about drinking water (I’d drink maybe 2 glasses a day), but I’ve noticed a huge change to my overall health since I started drinking more water last year.  The average person should drink about 8 (8 oz) cups (about 2 liters.)  I recommend investing in a large water bottle because it helps you stay on track when you don’t have to keep refilling your cup throughout the day.  So this year, give up the sugary drinks and sodas and stick to water.

2.  MOVE!
            You guys are probably tired of hearing me talk about how important exercise is but I cannot stress it enough.  It’s so important to not only your physical health, but your mental health as well.  I like to workout especially when I’m having a bad day or feeling down.  Getting out the energy helps release all the bad feelings and gives your brain something else to focus on.  Exercising doesn’t have to be about losing or gaining weight, it’s about staying healthy and promoting a healthy lifestyle.  Even if it’s just an hour a week, get out and move!  You don’t have to go to a gym to do that either.  A home workout is just as effective and so is going for a walk/run, biking, and swimming.  Whatever it is, find a way to keep your body moving this year.

3.  Cut out negativity
            This is harder than it sounds because it took me years to actually do it.  By cutting out negativity I mean any negative people, places, or influences in your life.  These are the things/people that are preventing you from being your best self and living your life to the fullest.  Only keep the people/things that are encouraging you and helping you become the best version of yourself.  It shouldn’t be hard to determine who/what needs to go because subconsciously you probably already know.  It’s the people/things you get that “gut feeling” about.  The hardest part will be cutting them out, but it will ultimately make you so much happier- even if it takes you awhile to realize it.  I can promise you that this is one of the best decisions you will ever make.

4.  Get a planner and use It
            This doesn’t even have to be anything fancy; it can just be a notebook or pad of paper.  Whatever it is, find something to write down all of your appointments, tests, meetings, etc.  Having a place to write down all your events will prevent you from feeling overwhelmed and stressed.  Having a planner will make it easy to organize your life as well as prevent bad scheduling.  Take time at the end of the week to go over your plans for the upcoming week and make a schedule for your appointments and tasks.  This will help you manage your time wisely and if you follow your schedule, you will go to bed each night feeling satisfied with your days.

5.  Make a sleeping schedule and stick to it
            I think one of the most important factors in having good, productive days is the amount of sleep you get each night.  I used to be one of those people who would completely waste their day by sleeping/being lazy and waiting until nighttime to start any projects I had to do.  Let me tell you, you will be 100 times happier AND productive if you have a good sleep routine.  Go to bed and wake up at the same time every day (yes, even on weekends.)  It may be a little hard to adjust to at first, but eventually your body will get into the habit of falling asleep and waking up at the same time every day on its own.  Also, try to avoid taking naps throughout the day and eating within an hour of going to bed.  These things will interfere with your sleeping routine and make it harder to go to sleep at night.  So, make it a habit to get into a good sleep routine and I guarantee you will be feel rested and energized each day which will allow you to be more productive.

6.  Practice self-care
            Do you ever feel like you’re so overwhelmed with school or work or things going on in your life?  Do you work extra hard to please someone and make them happy?  I think we’ve all been there and maybe you feel like that all the time, so that’s why I’m challenging you to make it a goal in 2019 to take better care of yourself.  You’re probably wondering “well how do I do that?” The answer is that it’s different for everyone.  Moreover, it doesn’t have to be anything big or expensive.  Maybe it’s just taking ten minutes out of your day to journal or draw, or taking time to do your makeup.  Treat yourself every once in a while.  For me, I spend the last few minutes of my day meditating, letting go of stress and forgetting my worries of the day.  I also attend a weekly yoga class.  I understand that maybe the things I mentioned aren’t for you, but this year I encourage you to take some time each day or each week and practice some form of self-care.

7.  Build your relationships
            This is one of my biggest goals for this year and I hope it will be one of yours too.  Instead of giving up and ignoring the problems in your relationships, learn to work through them.  The best way to build strong, healthy relationships with people in your life is to communicate.  By communication I don’t mean texting them once in a while or sending them memes on social media.  Make it a point to set aside time in your schedule to spend time with the people in your life.  Communication is one of the most important elements in your relationship with your family, friends, boyfriend/girlfriend, etc.  So this year try to focus on taking time out of your week and work on building those relationships with the most important people in your life.

8.  Be positive
            Again, another thing that is easier said than done.  But I think what you’ll realize is that if you are already doing the other things I mentioned above, this one will become much easier.  It makes me so sad and unhappy when there are people who always choose to see the worst in every situation or let small irrelevant things get the better of them.  So this year, really try to focus on seeing the good in even the worst situations.  You’ve probably heard this before, but you attract what you are.  If you’re down all the time, let’s be real, no one wants to be around that.  However, if you make it an effort to stay positive and uplifting, you’ll be the type of person others desire to be around.           

            I think we all know at least one person that’s happy all the time.  How do they do it?  Well I can assure you almost 100% that there is no one who is happy ALL THE TIME.  However, if you do all of the things I listed above, you will be a changed person.  It all comes down to how you’re choosing to live your life.  If you fill it with negative influences and toxic relationships, you’re bound to have trouble.  On the other hand, if you fill your life with positivity, you’re already on your way to happiness.  In the end, then, it all comes down to lifestyle choices.  If you want to change your life, change your lifestyle.  The results may be slow, but I can promise you that they will change you and make you the best person you will ever be.

            I hope you will join me in mastering these goals in 2019.  I believe these are the things that are important for building a happy and healthy life.  So let’s do this together and make 2019 the best year ever!




You Might Also Like

2 Comments

Like My Facebook Page