Happiness Is A Feeling, Not Just A Word

May 24, 2017

Happiness- 1. Feeling pleasure: feeling or showing pleasure, contentment, or joy.

                I’ve been feeling it so I guess it’s time to do the showing part.  As I explained in my last post, I’ve gone through a lot of changes in the past few months and still am, as the world is always changing around us.  The problem was that I wasn’t changing with it.  It took a lot of work and tears, but I’m finally to the point where I don’t live like I did before.  I have a way better outlook on life now, and it’s been such a relief to be out of the dark.

                How do you feel when you’re happy?  Do you jump up and down like a little kid?  Are you at a loss for words?  For me, it depends on what it is that’s making me happy (sounds weird, I know, but then again I’ve never been what they call “normal”).  Usually I get really energetic and I get this weird feeling in my stomach.  Some people call them butterflies, but when I’m happy it feels like the whole zoo is in there.  Also, I tend to ramble a lot about the most random things (why?  I have no clue).  But whatever you do/feel, it usually makes you feel REALLY good.

                How do you feel when you make someone happy?  This might even be better than the feeling of being happy yourself, because making someone else laugh is probably one of my favorite things (not like I’m funny or anything but I try).  It just gives you a really good feeling.  It’s hard to explain, but it’s so satisfying.  But with this kind of happiness, there is also a risk of you not being happy.  I know, life is complicated like that, but really this is when manipulation can happen.  You have to be careful.  You can get so caught up in someone else’s happiness that you may not see yourself slowly crumbling.  I know what it’s like, believe me. 

                Being a selfless person is something that isn’t easy.  You’re way more vulnerable to people when you’re not selfish, because lets be real, nobody likes selfish people.  I’ve met some of them and they’re not pleasant.  All you really want is someone to care about you, right?  Manipulation is a tricky thing, and some people are REALLY good at it.  So good that you might not even realize it at first.  Or if you’re one of the unfortunate ones, you might never realize it.   People can get tricked into so many things when they’re being manipulated.  This is why you have to be careful when choosing who you’re close with.  Making other people happy is a good feeling, but when you’re becoming depressed because of it, it’s not a good thing.

Here are 8 signs of emotional manipulation:
  • ·         They turn your words to benefit them.
  • ·         They say something and later deny it.
  • ·         They use guilt to try to control you.
  • ·         They diminish your problems or difficulties.
  • ·         They use the emotional back door.
  • ·         They suck the energy in a room.
  • ·         They use aggression or anger.
  • ·         They seek out the sensitive, insecure, or overly trusting.

                Some people are SO good at it that they may not even realize they’re doing it.  They care about their own happiness, but not yours.  They know that they’re happy, but they don’t care about you.  And maybe you don’t care about you either.  You’re SO focused on making them happy that you don’t even notice your own feelings anymore.

                But the best kind of happiness is mutual.  Two people that are equally happy with each other.  And trust me, you will know when this happens because the feeling is so strong.  It’s worth waiting years for, and it’s also worth the problems that come with it.  How can there be problems with happiness?  The thing is, it’s not the happiness part that’s the problem.  It’s other people outside of that happiness that are the problem.  And I don’t know why the world is like this, but some people just can’t accept that you’re happy.  Maybe this won’t even happen to you, I don’t know.  But it’s happened to me many times and let me warn you that people WILL try to purposely ruin your happiness.

                It’s part of manipulation.  They make you think that they’re helping you, but really all they’re trying to do is ruin that happiness for you.  The best thing you can do for yourself is to ignore it.  In my opinion, why would you let someone ruin your happiness?  Even if you end up hurt later, at least you were happy for a while.  That’s the way I think of it anyway. 

                Happiness is the best feeling in the world.  Nothing is better than being happy and everyone should get a taste of it in one way or another.  Be patient.  Wait for the right thing, the right one, and you’ll feel better than you ever have before.  Sometimes you might have to fight for it, but it’s worth it.

Leave a comment and tell me what makes you happy!

XOXO,
-Megan


You Might Also Like

2 Comments

Like My Facebook Page