Stepping Out of the Bubble

March 02, 2017

                First of all, hello, yes I know it’s been awhile.  Sometimes life just throws a lot of things at you at once and it’s hard to handle them all.  I’d just like to say that I’m sorry for not posting as often, but I do plan on continuing this for as long as I possibly can.  I may not post every week like I originally said, but there will still be posts!  Also, if you’re interested in writing or co-writing a post, please contact me with your ideas!!  I’d love to have some help!  With all that being said, here’s the real post:

“In the end, we only regret the chances we didn’t take, the relationships we were afraid to have, and the decisions we waited too long to make”

                That, my friends, is a quote from the amazing Lewis Carroll and has a lot to do with what I want to talk about today.  A good friend recently told me, “we’ve all had bad things happen to us in our past.  But letting that cloud your judgement  about someone new and interesting would be really unfair to you and the other person”.  And unfortunately, I am guilty of doing just that.  Letting my past and others dictate what I should think about a new person.

                Here’s a short example: there was this person I saw every week, but in a crowded place.  They talked to me a few times and asked a lot of questions about who I am and what I do.  The first time I didn’t really think much of it, if anything I thought it was a bit weird.  But fast forward to a few weeks later and I sit next to this person who starts asking me a lot of questions.  When they said they already knew some things about me, I was surprised at first.  It was not until after I left that I realized those two people were the same person.  On an even sadder note, I won’t ever see them again.

                There are two things wrong with that story.  Number one, I can’t ever remember people I’ve only talked to once.  So if you meet me for the first time, I guarantee that I’ll forget your name in five minutes.  I don’t know why, because usually I have a pretty good memory.  Second, I had an opportunity to know someone and I didn’t even take it.  And now I wish I had.  Actually I really wished I had asked them as many questions as they asked me because now I’m stuck with regret and the guilt of not being polite.

                There is a good, solid reason for everyone who comes into your life.  Nothing is an accident.  If you have the chance to go out and meet new people, take it!  God put them in your path for a reason.  As always, the reason may not always be clear but if you ever have the chance to help someone out or talk to them, don’t hesitate.  This is how people meet their best friends and soulmates.  You aren’t going to get very far in life if you only talk to three people.  We all have that bubble, a zone where we feel comfortable and people we feel comfortable with.  But if we live in that bubble, are we ever going to see some of the amazing things the world has to offer?

                I’ve always been one to try new things by myself.  I just never really saw the point of dragging five other people with you if the point of going to that new place is to meet people and try new things.  Maybe this will end the problem of cliques.  If people only knew how many more awesome people there are in the world, maybe they wouldn’t stick to their favorites. 

                One of the reasons I started this blog was to reach people everywhere and to send out positive messages that will impact people’s lives.  One thing I highly encourage is thinking outside the box.  Don’t be afraid to step outside of what you know for something that may just change your life for the better.  I know it takes a lot of courage, but just think of that time when you tried a new food you were nervous about trying and ended up liking.  That’s how these things work.  Lots of courage, but it may help you out in the end.


                As I was writing this, I thought of a song I want you to hear.  This was one of my favorite songs when I was younger, and it has a great message about stepping out to help someone.

You Might Also Like

0 Comments

Like My Facebook Page