Prom 2019: ALL THE DETAILS

April 22, 2019




Hello my friends and welcome back to the blog!

            So I’m going to give you all the truth and that is that my prom was almost a month ago and I wasn’t going to do this post, but I decided to after all and I figured since other proms are still going on that it wasn’t too late.  The reason I didn’t post this sooner is because I honestly didn’t have a great prom experience this year.  If you watched my prom vlog, you know I was actually sick on prom day so it really didn’t make prom as enjoyable as before.
            I decided that since I did a post like this for the past two years, it would really hurt me not to keep up with the tradition.  Also, being that I’m a senior, this was my last prom so I wanted to share it with you.  I covered a lot of the details in my video, but I wanted to go into a little more depth here.

Dress
            THE most important part of prom (if you’re a girl) is your dress.  Now I started looking at dresses in December (prom was in March) and I had no luck.  I tried on so many dresses but I couldn’t find “the one.”  My mom actually found this dress and I was a little hesitant at first because it is quite different than the typical prom dress; however, I tried it on anyway and ended up really liking it.  I won’t say I loved it though, but I don’t think I could have found anything better.

            I got this dress from Macy’s (shout out to my grandma for buying it for me) and originally it was $129.00; however, I got it for around $100.00.  I want to put this out there for any girls that have been or will be going to prom: having the most expensive, luxurious dress is not what prom is about.  To me it’s super sad that prom has become this popularity contest with who has the most expensive dress.  It’s not about the price and you can get a beautiful dress (like mine) without breaking your bank account.

            For my shoes I actually ended up wearing the same ones as last year!  I didn’t feel like buying a new pair of heels (I despise heels btw) for one night.  Everyone ends up taking their shoes off during dancing anyway (with the price of blisters for the next 3 days), so to me it wasn’t worth it.  The shoes actually matched my dress very well! 




Hair and Makeup
            As I said before, I was sick the day of prom and I was supposed to go get my hair done but being sick, I wanted to save my energy for the evening so I actually ended up staying home and having my mom and sisters do my hair and makeup. 
            I went with very simple makeup this year and I loved how it turned out!  I also wore my hair up because my hair doesn’t hold up very well when it’s down.  I’m pretty happy with how everything turned out and I hope I look better than how I felt that day.


Date
            The second most important part besides the dress is your day.  Fortunately I found myself a pretty cool one this year.  So yes, I did not have a date this year (in case you haven’t picked up on the trend of the past few years I never have a date) and I’m more than happy because STRONG INDEPENDENT WOMEN DON’T NEED NO MAN (maybe that’s something I’ll cover in a future post?  Stay tuned.)  Anyways, I went with my best friend and had the most amazing time and that’s all that matters.



Dinner
You already know, the food at prom is amazing.  I’ve probably raved about the mashed potatoes before.  They did not disappoint this year.  Besides the mashed potatoes there was also a salad, buttermilk crusted chicken with Dijon, green beans, and sautéed peppers.  Oh and chocolate chip brownie with mousse  on top for desert (which we did NOT miss this year.)  YUM.  Needles to say, it was delicious despite the fact that I could not hardly taste anything due to my cold.
In fact, it was so delicious that I forgot to take a picture of it all but here’s the salad.


Dancing
Alright so I have to say I was slightly disappointed with the music they played this year.  Obviously since it is a Christian based event we can’t be jamming out to Drake or anything but I feel like they played a lot of songs that only a few people knew.  I want the classics like “What Makes You beautiful” and “Party In The U.S.A.”. 


Overall, prom was fun but I’m definitely not sad about it being my last one.  In my opinion, it’s fun the first time when you’re first experiencing it, but it kind of loses it’s magic after that, at least for me.  If you haven’t been yet I would definitely encourage going at least once.  You don’t need a date or an expensive dress, just go and have fun because from what I’ve heard, life gets pretty boring after High School.



You Might Also Like

2 Comments

Like My Facebook Page