Spring DIY: Flower Wall Hanging

April 19, 2018


Spring DIY: Flower Wall Hanging



Good evening (or afternoon, morning; whatever time it is for you)!  I asked you guys on my social media what kind of posts you want to see in the near future, and I’m here to deliver your first choice, which was a Spring DIY.  While I was looking for inspiration, I had a hard time finding something that wasn’t too difficult or Easter themed.  I came across these flower wall hangings, and I thought these would be the perfect thing to make because one, they’re super easy, and two, you can even leave them up through the summer!

            This project only takes about 30-45 minutes in only 5 easy steps!  The supplies cost under $10.  The items you will need are:


  • A stick from the yard that is fairly thin, but not too thin that it will break off (I painted mine black but that’s optional)
  • String or ribbon (the thinner the better)
  • Fake flowers (I purchased mine from the dollar store.  Make sure you pick matching colors that will look good together)
  • Scissors
  • Wire cutters



Step #1



Cut 4 strands of ribbon, each about 4 feet long.

Step #2


Start cutting the stems off the flowers with your wire cutters.  Make sure to leave about an inch left to have something to tie the ribbon on with later.

Step #3

Lay the ribbons out on a flat surface and start to organize your flowers to where you want them to hang on the ribbon.  Make sure to scatter them so you won’t have just rows.  You want them to be organized, but yet not look organized if that makes sense


Step #4




Starting at the bottom, begin to tie the flowers onto the ribbon.  Make sure you tie them tight.  I double knotted mine just to be safe.  Also make sure you leave room at the bottom.

Step #5




Tie your finished ribbon onto the stick, about 2 or 3 inches apart.  Then, hang your new decoration up! 





And that’s it!  Super easy and simple.  This will make a perfect decoration for a party or photo booth.  The bright colors re perfect for spring and even summer, and the best part is, they won’t die on you! 

Happy crafting!




You Might Also Like

1 Comments

Like My Facebook Page