12 Activities to Put On Your Summer Bucket List

April 29, 2020



I think it is fair to say that we all deserve to have a good summer, Corona or no Corona.  I’ve been trying to remain optimistic throughout this whole situation, and I really believe your life is what you make of it.  You can choose to adapt to the situation in a positive way, or you can take the other route and only focus on the negatives.  Sometimes it is just more difficult to stay positive, especially when it seems like there is nothing good happening.

You probably already know this about me, but summer is my absolute favorite season.  I love the sun, the warm weather, the good times, the vibes……everything.  I freaking love summer, okay?

You’re like, “yeah, we get it.  Now get on with the show.”

So I’ve been thinking about what activities I want to do this summer, and I came up with this list.  A lot of these things can be done if you are still in quarantine (again, we are trying to remain optimistic here but just in case this is still the scenario).  These things can be done alone, or with your friends and family.  So basically, I wanted a wide variety of activities.

1.  Have a picnic

I think picnics are aesthetic.  Now mind you, there is good picnic weather and bad picnic weather.  Good picnic weather is sunny, about 70 degrees, and not too windy.  I’ve only been on a few real picnics in my life, but I think it is such a cute idea for a nice summer day.  Plus, you can even have one in your own backyard if things are still looking bad.

2.  Drive-in movie

I have been wanting to go to a drive-in for the longest time.  I have only been once, but I think it would be so fun to go, bring some snacks, and watch a movie on a warm summer night.

3.  Pool day

This speaks for itself.  When you think of summer, a lot of people associate it with swimming.  That is something I feel like I don’t do enough of.  Even if you don’t have a real pool or can’t go to one, you can get a little one just to dip your toes in, which I have noticed are super popular on Instagram right now.

4.  Bonfire

Bonfires.  Another staple summer activity.  This is something you don’t even have to leave your house for and can be done with however many people you’d like.  Roast some marshmallows, tell some scary stories (just not around me please), and break out those campfire songs.

5.  Go to a fair

You already know how I feel about fairs.  If it is summer, the fair is the place to be.  Assuming they still happen this year (fingers crossed), they are such a blast and who doesn’t like some good fair food?

6.  Go to the zoo


Obviously, the reason I go to zoos is to see the penguins (I heard they have some other interesting creatures there too).  However, going to the zoo is such a fun time and I think it is a great activity for a nice summer day.

7.  Go to the park

This probably sounds like a very cliché and boring thing to do.  But just hear me out, going to a park and taking a nice walk or having a photoshoot is a blast.  Find one that you haven’t been to before and do some exploring.  Just make sure you stay 6 feet apart from any people you may encounter!

8.  Go for a bike ride

Biking isn’t for everyone, I completely understand.  I personally have found it to be a very enjoyable activity during the summer.  A lot of parks have nice trails for biking, or you can just go for a quick ride around your neighborhood.  If you don’t have a bike, roller skating or skateboarding are equally exciting and fun.

9.  Ice cream

I’m sure we can all agree that going to get ice cream is a must.  I always look forward to spring, when all the ice cream places open for the season.  This also makes for a good treat after a nice walk or bike ride.  Comment down below your favorite ice cream flavor (mine is chocolate chip cookie dough).

10.  Road trip

Okay but I’ve always wanted to take a road trip.  Not like a road trip where you just go to one destination, but one where you stop at several places along the way.  It doesn’t have to be super far either; in fact, you could do a one-day trip going somewhere just a few hours away.  I get major vibes from just driving with the windows down and listening to music, so going on some kind of a road trip is definitely on my bucket list for this summer.

11.  Tie-dye
I don’t know if it’s because of quarantine and people are getting board, but somehow tie-dying has become super popular.  There are so many things you can make with tie-dye- shirts, pants, hats.  Literally anything can be tie-dyed.  Just make sure you’re careful and let everything dry before wearing/using it.

12.  Mini golf

You don’t have to be a pro-athlete to play mini golf.  This is such a fun thing to do during the summer, even going to an indoor one is fun for rainy days.  It’s also a great activity for multiple people, so grab some buddies and go play mini golf this summer!


So those are some things that are on my bucket list this summer.  I tried to include a variety of things and a lot of these activities can be done if we are still in quarantine.  I hope everyone is staying safe and healthy, and I will talk to you guys again soon!


You Might Also Like

2 Comments

Like My Facebook Page