Updates and Other Random Stuff

September 05, 2018


Updates and Other Random Stuff


Hello and welcome back!
My last post was in…let’s see…July.  It’s currently September 4th.  It’s been awhile, so I thought I’d give you guys some updates on what’s been going on and talk about a few things I’ve been wanting to talk about.  So this isn’t going to be as structured as a normal post (laughing at myself because NONE of my posts are ever structured), it’s going to be a bunch of random thoughts compiled together so I hope at least some of this makes sense.


Where I’ve Been

First of all, you’re probably wondering where I’ve been.  I wish I could say I’ve been traveling the world doing really cool stuff, but unfortunately that’s not the case (as much as I wish it was).  I’ve been here, sitting at my desk pretty much the whole summer.  The reason for that is because I took the SAT test a few weeks ago and spent a majority of my summer studying for it.  I know, what a fun way to spend your summer.  Then when I wasn’t studying, I was working pretty much all the time.  It doesn’t sound like much, but it’s what I was doing all summer.  Between the two of those things, I didn’t really feel like sitting down and writing blog posts.

Why I haven’t Been Blogging

            I kind of answered that in the last paragraph, but there is another reason that doesn’t have to do with me just being busy.  For the last month or so, I’ve sat down three or four times to write a blog post but every time it just wasn’t my best work.  I have this thing when I write that if the words aren’t flowing the right way and I have to force them out, it’s not going to work.  I absolutely hate reading my writing when I feel forced to write or when I’m just not in the mood.  That’s what happened the last few times I’ve tried to write posts.

            Another reason is because of my lack of creativity.  I know I say this like five times a year, but writers block is real and it happens to pretty much every writer.  This doesn’t mean I don’t try or I don’t have ideas.  I do, they just haven’t been coming out the way I want them to.  I haven’t felt inspired by anything to be able to write something.  If I don’t feel inspired, it’s not going to happen.  At least in a way that sounds good enough to share.

            I’ve also been thinking a lot about the content of this blog.  I keep thinking and telling myself that I write too much about myself and talk about me a lot.  Many of the posts I tried to write were things about me and I kept telling myself, “Everything can’t be about you, you know”.  But then I said, “No, it can on this blog.  It’s my blog and my space to talk about whatever I want”.  So that’s been my dilemma regarding what I post.  My goal, however, is to get back on somewhat of a schedule soon so there will be new content coming.

Mental Health

            I believe mental health is SO important in a person’s life.  Just making sure you are taking care of yourself is important and oftentimes we tend to get wrapped up in the busyness of life that we forget to take care of ourselves.  I know I can relate to that a lot.  I wouldn’t say my mental health is declining; it’s just a little shaky at the moment.  Ever since the beginning of the year I’ve been in a pretty good place with myself and others around me- and still am, it’s just getting to the point where I have to be careful with everything I choose to allow into and influence my life.

            I’m saying this not only about myself, but for other people.  I’ve struggled and faced a lot of challenges this year, most of which I’ve chosen to deal with alone and silently (I know what you’re thinking, and yes I may sound hypocritical at times, but I learn from my own mistakes).  But I just want you to know that it’s perfectly okay to take a step back from something or someone that is preventing you from taking care of yourself and your heart.  That’s the key to mental stability.

Vlogging

            I’ve had a lot of people ask me if I’ll ever vlog or start a YouTube channel.  The answer to that is probably not.  Although I do enjoy watching vlogs, it’s never something I would personally want to do.  I’ve never been super comfortable just talking to a camera.  Making those kinds of videos takes a LOT of work.  I am definitely not saying blogging isn’t a lot of work (it is), but to make a video you have to have: good lighting (which my house does not), take the time to film AND edit, plus the most important part which is having something to film.  I’m not good at just picking up a camera and filming what’s going on.  A lot of times whenever I’m at an event or with someone, I like to take one or two photos to have, but I try to live and be present in the moment.  I think having a camera out all the time would take away from that.  So no, I’ll probably never vlog or make videos.  Words are my specialty and I plan to stick to blogging for as long as possible.

Collaborations and Guest Posts

            The last thing I want to talk about is collaborations.  I’ve wanted to collaborate with someone for the LONGEST time.  The problem is that I don’t know who to collaborate with.  I want to open this invitation to anyone who has ANY interest at all in writing or blogging.  If you are interested, please contact me through email (beautyinthisbrokenness@gmail.com), Instagram (@beautyinthisbrokenness), or through my Facebook page (Beauty in This Brokenness).  You don’t have to have any experience with blogging, but if you have any interests in sharing your writing, I would be more than happy to work with you.  I’m open to many topics (ex. Lifestyle, beauty, health and fitness, mental health); I just request that you stay away from politics or anything to controversial (we’re just trying to stay positive around here).  So please let me know if you are interested at all!


I think that wraps up everything.  As I said, I’m hoping to resume to somewhat of a normal schedule soon so be on the lookout for new posts.  I’ll talk to you soon!




You Might Also Like

1 Comments

Like My Facebook Page