Love Part 4: The Best Love

February 25, 2018


Love Part 4: The Best Love

“Love is patient, love is kind.  It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.  It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.  Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.” 1 Corinthians 13:4-6


Here we are.  The final week of the series.  I can’t believe how fast this month has gone by.  It feels like yesterday when I sat down and wrote the first part, and now here we are at the very end.  If you haven’t been keeping up, here are the first three parts:


I decided that I didn’t want to spend a whole post talking about everything going on in the world right now.  I even wrote a whole post about it that was separate from the series but decided not to post it because I want this blog to be a place that’s not full of sadness and negativity.  I think it is important that we do recognize all the tragic events that happen, but we cannot let those things control our everyday lives. 

 If we really want to fight this evil that has taken over the world, we must show no signs of fear or sadness.  The scariest thing to Satan is love.  He HATES seeing kindness and positivity.  So therefore, that is our greatest weapon.  And that’s what I’m going to continue doing here.  I’ve recently been hit with a case of depression this week because every time I look at my phone I see bad news everywhere.  And I don’t know about you, but it really puts me down.  I get that it’s important to know what’s going on, but sometimes I think we let the media control our lives and let it take our focus away from the good and positive things.

So that’s why I’m here today.  I’m here to tell you about a love far greater than anything else we’ve talked about in this series.  It’s a kind of love no one else can give you, because it does not come from another human.  No, this is God’s love and it’s a way no other person can love.  Because we (humans) are imperfect.  We anger, we hurt, and we have feelings.  Sometimes our pride can get in the way of our ability to love and help others.

See, God doesn’t have those problems. He is fully committed to loving us no matter what our faults are or how many times we’ve sinned.  God loves you even when you sin. Since He is our father, he is disappointed when we do wrong things, but God always forgives.  In Romans 5:8 it says “But God demonstrates his own love for us while we were still sinners, Christ died for us”. 

 I’m going to tell you a short story about my life if you don’t mind.  I always love hearing these powerful conviction stories about how people come to know Jesus.  Mine is probably nothing special to anyone else, but it is to me because it’s part of my story.  So I’ve been a Christian pretty much all my life, when I was growing up I was surrounded by believers and positive influences of that sort. I attended youth group on and off for a long time, and I always thought I was the ideal “good-girl Christian child”.

When you consider yourself a pretty good kid, you never think you might do something to change that.  When I was younger I used to laugh and say “never!” when asked about doing things other kids my age were doing.  Then I discovered the internet.  I didn’t realize exactly how far off I really had gotten until about a year ago when it was too late and damage had already been done.  Damage to that good kid I always thought I was.  The thing is, when you think so highly of yourself, you don’t really plan for situations where you might be faced with a dilemma and end up compromising your morals.

When I went through what was probably the hardest time in my life so far last summer, I was hurting and I was also really lonely.  It didn’t feel like the people around me cared, and I was too ashamed to talk to anyone about it, so I just kept to myself.  And then one night I just started praying, letting out everything I was feeling and talking to God like He was my best friend.  I asked for forgiveness, I asked Him to make me strong again, to help me through what I was going through.  And He did.  That’s how I became so connected with my faith again and ever since then my life has changed.  A good change.

See, people will always come in and out of your life.  People will hurt you, be angry at you, and let you down.  But no matter what the situation is, you can always depend on God.  He is there for you, He cares about you, and He will forgive you.  If you don’t have Jesus in your life right now, let me just ask, what are you doing?  What are you waiting for?  If you’re roaming the earth looking for this kind of love that I just told you about, I’m just going to help you out and tell you that you won’t find it until you know Jesus.  Because God made humans to be imperfect.  We fail, we make mistakes, even Christians.  A Christian isn’t just like a favored student, a Christian is someone who knows what they have when they have God.  And if you don’t have God, you won’t ever know what the perfect kind of love looks like because this is not a kind of relationship you can have with another human, it’s something that’s only possible when you have God.

“For God so loved the world that he gave is one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.” John 3:16

You Might Also Like

1 Comments

Like My Facebook Page